Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0(1) Common Service Unity Voice Messaging Server

Peter Valdes
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Im trying to add the Unity Voice Messaging Server in Common Service for the reason of viewing my cluster using Topology Service and possibly viewing the Service Attributes.

DCR has the Unity Server recorded. SNMP service is set on the services but when I run the data collection, it does not pick up.

Is this due to CDP and is there a way I can add other Microsoft servers such in Common Service?

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the sysObjectID of the Unity server?

Hi jclarke,

Not sure how I go about getting that for you but after some search in google, this is what I can find:

Domain Controllers: 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.3

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_device_fault_manager/1.2/device_support/table/dfm1_2.html

Is this what your after?

BTW, its not Common Service my mistake. Its for Campus Manager.

You need to walk sysObjectID from Device Center > Tools > SNMP Walk. Use "sysObjectID" as your starting OID.

Hi,

Here is the result:

The following is a SNMP walk of device 10.70.22.15 starting from sysObjectID

SNMP Walk Output

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sysObjectID

.1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0 = OID: .1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.3

Identical to the previous post.

This device is not supported by Campus Manager. While it might show up in Topology, it will be managed as an unknown device. There is currently no plan for support of this device in Campus Manager.

Hi jclarke,

This device is not even visible on the topology service. Could this be the reason?

I have another server visible on the topology but is not attached to a switch (probably due to CDP) on the diagram and also part of the unknown device (which you have already mentioned).

Thanks again

If the device is not appearing on the map at all, it could be because it is filtered out from Campus Data Collection due to your Data Collection filter settings.

Hi,

Data Collection filter is clear. It does not have the IP Address to exclude and is currently set to enable auto mode.

I notice that on Campus Manager, Admin, Data Collection, Device Management, Include Devices when I click "show included devices" the server that is visible in topology service is there as manage (management state), but the Unity Server is Not Manage (due to what you have stated earlier) and is not visible in topology service.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: