Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS Bypassing farm traffic based on matching HTTP header

alanwright1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to find out whether the CSS is able to bypass specific traffic.

I have an existing content to match all HTTP and send to a farm. However, there are some HTTP flows i dont want to goto the farm, i just want CSS to route them onward to the destination. These specific HTTP packets are differentiated by the host field in the header. What config is needed to allow these host annotated packets to bypass the serverfarm?

Thanks

Alan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alan,

when you configure a url "//..../" the css will look for the ... inside the hostname header field. Not the url itself.

so my config is correct :-)

G.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Alan,

create a service with the default gateway (or next-hop) ip address.

Make the service 'type transparent'

Duplicate your current content rule that catches the traffic and add the command url "//

I believe this should work.

Gilles.

Hi Gilles,

Thanks for your response. The only thing you may have misread is that i need to select the host header field, as the URL's may not have host part in them, ie. raw http, not proxied. I guess then i need a header match rule linked to the new content, instead of the URL filter you mentioned.

BR

Alan

Alan,

when you configure a url "//..../" the css will look for the ... inside the hostname header field. Not the url itself.

so my config is correct :-)

G.

Gilles,

Thanks for clarifying this mode of operation :)

Cheers

Alan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: