Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Recording on Unity Connection

Derek McCormick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently installed CCM 612 Business Edition that has Unity Connection 2.1. My customer has asked about the voicemail recording option within Unity. Has anyone got any good documentation on this feature? Does it work?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Using Live Record Capability

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/LiveRecord405/LiveRecordAppNote.htm

Setting up live record is the same for Unity Connection.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

Where does the recorded call get stored?

Do I need unified messaging for this to work?

When I press the conference button, I hear the Unity voicemail system message? I am not running UNified messaging either by the way

Thanks,

Derek

Hi Derek,

Just to jump in for my friend Jaime for a moment (I can't fill his shoes :)

This feature is supported on Unity Connection as well (you don't need Unified Messaging) but there is not a ton of documentation. Use the excellent doc (that Jaime provided) from Unity Tools as a template as the config should be very similar. Here are the notes for UC;

Live Record Messages

Live record allows users to record conversations while they talk to callers. The recorded conversation is stored as a message in the user mailbox, and the user can review it later or redirect it to another user or group of users. Operators in your organization may find live record particularly useful.

Live record is supported only when Cisco Unity Connection is integrated with a Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CM) (formerly known as Cisco Unified CallManager) phone system. To set it up, you set a forward routing rule in Connection Administration, modify the phone system as needed, and then tell the user how to conference the phone system DN to activate the feature during a call. (The live record beep can be adjusted on the System Settings > Advanced > Telephony page in Connection Administration.)

While there is no class of service or user account setting required to enable the feature, note that the maximum duration of a live record message is controlled by the maximum message length for the class of service of the user. In addition, live record does not work for users who have full mailboxes. When a user who has a full mailbox tries to record a call, the feature will seem to work normally, but the recorded conversation will not be stored as a message in the user mailbox.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/administration/guide/2xcucsag170.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi,

I am 90% there with that document, except that when I hit conference i hear "extension 3044 is not available", even after i have selected a 'nothing' under the callers hear section in greetings. I get this problem on UC 2.1... It works fine on Unity 405. Any suggestions?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: