cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2611 Router

rudy.lilly
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2611 router that will boot, but when it get's to..Press Return to get started! It just hangs..?? I have an alarm light on the router and the router was once an Internet ISP router. What do I need to do to access the router.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tarun Lohumi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks that you have some configuration on the router which is causing the router to lock as soon as it loads the configuration.

The best you can do is to boot the router so that it ignores the configuration. To do that press 'Ctrl+Break' while the router is booting up to go into ROMMON. Once you are there type the command 'confreg 0x2142' & then use the 'boot' command to boot it up.

Hope that helps!!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tarun Lohumi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks that you have some configuration on the router which is causing the router to lock as soon as it loads the configuration.

The best you can do is to boot the router so that it ignores the configuration. To do that press 'Ctrl+Break' while the router is booting up to go into ROMMON. Once you are there type the command 'confreg 0x2142' & then use the 'boot' command to boot it up.

Hope that helps!!

The router appears to be ignoring the 'Ctrl+Break' function(using a laptop(cntrl+c)..?? . The laptop has the 'Ctrl+Break' function requiring a function key along with the 'Ctrl key. Any iother ideas?

Try using a different terminal program.

TeraTerm is very good and free.

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/ttermp23.zip

alt-b is the break sequence.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco