Views
Helpful
Replies

ip sla or rtr command is not present in IOS 12.2(31)SGA6

paskilate
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have a C4503 with IOS 12.2(31)SGA6 and I need to use the ip sla or rtr command to test an host, but this command is not avalaible in this version. I use this command in others switches (Catalyst 3560).

How can I to make to active dinamic routes without use a track command with rtr o ip sla command?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, it does.

__

Edison.

Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What Supervisor are you running?

IP SLA is available in 12.2(44)SG if you are running SupII+ or better.

I recommend checking the Cisco Feature Navigator for features and hardware support matrix:

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/

and also the Release Notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/release/note/OL_5184.html#wp1256892

HTH,

__

Edison.

Hi,

the supervisor card is Supervisor II+TS (PID: WS-X4013+TS). I supose this version work fine with this card.

Thank you,

Pascual

Yes, it does.

__

Edison.

Hi again Edison,

I try with the ios image: cat4500-entservices-mz.122-46.SG.bin and it done an error that confirm not works with the SupII+Ts.

Is there any ios image that works fine with SUPII+TS for execute IP SLA command?

Thanks in advance,

Pascual

What's the error you are getting?

Can you post the show module output?

__

Edison.

It's not posible because it showme:

####### ###### ###### ####### ###### ###

# # # # # # # # # ###

# # # # # # # # # ###

##### ###### ###### # # ###### #

# # # # # # # # #

# # # # # # # # # ###

####### # # # # ####### # # ###

Image not supported on Sup II+TS 10/100/1000BaseT (RJ45), SFP, system can not boot

Rebooting in 10 seconds...

10 09 08 07 06 05 04 03 02 01

I understand now. I thought IP SLA did not work with the release. Your problem is that you've downloaded an unsupported IOS version for II+TS.

You've tried to install an Enterprise release but I noticed in the IOS download page for 4503 with Sup II+TS, you are only able to download IP BASE with or without crypto.

I suggest you downloading this image instead:

cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-46.SG.bin

Enterprise release is for Sup IV or above which support full Layer 3 routing.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/prod_models_comparison.html

HTH,

__

Edison.

Good morning Edison,

you're true: this version has ip sla but only like responder. I need to work with a true RTR like I make in the others switch (like example 3560 with 12.2[35]SE5) but i don't know how can I make this?

Best regards,

Pascual

That is strange. I'm afraid I can't duplicate your environment as I don't have the hardware available.

I wonder if the limitation has to do with the Supervisor model and perhaps there is full IP SLA support on Supervisor IV and above as they are considered full Layer3 supervisor.

Also remember, the 3560 switch is a full Layer3 switch while the Supervisor you have is considered an entry level Layer2 switch with Layer3 services available (see the link I provided on the model comparison).

HTH,

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: