question about TAPS for 6.X

Unanswered Question
Sep 9th, 2008

I have a question regarding TAPS. How do I define what DN's are going to be given to the phone when they dial the TAPS number. Is the number given out with what is defined in auto registration or is it defined in your BAT file with Dummy MACS.

I believe that you have to define these numbers in BAT but just wanted to get some clarification. Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Chris Deren Tue, 09/09/2008 - 08:31

Phones register with auto-register DN range, and then once you enter the real DN ( assuming it has been imported DN via BAT) when prompted by TAPS script the phone will re-configure itself with the settings of the entered extension.

jason-calbert_2 Tue, 09/09/2008 - 09:03

Just to clarify

Phone registers to callmanager using auto registration.

DN is assigned via what was imported into CCM through BAT.

Please let me know if I understand this correctly

Chris Deren Tue, 09/09/2008 - 09:54

You got it. The entered DN has to be on the primary line and shared lines are not supported.

The phones have to be imported with dummy MAC addresses which begin with BAT instead of SEP. There is a service parameter that allows to TAPS in on a device which does not begin with BAT but you should not have to change it.

One thing to watch out for is do not modify the device after it's imported and before you TAPS it in as it will change the device name from BAT to SEP.

One thing I always do is I assigend a CSS to auto registered phones via a DP which has access only to a blank transaltion pattern that has tranlates it to the CTI RP DN, hence as soon as you go off hook on the auto registered phone it connects you with the TAPS application, and you dont have to dial it.

This Discussion