cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS WebNS Standard vs Enhanced

mrguitar
Level 4
Level 4

Can someone tell me what the differences are? I cannot seem to find any documentation on the differences.

Thanks,

Ed

3 Replies 3

From CSS 8.1 release notes at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/css11500series/v8.10/release/note/RN810_X.html#wp174390

The Enhanced feature set contains all of the Standard feature set and also includes Network Address Translation (NAT) Peering, Domain Name Service (DNS), Demand-Based Content Replication (Dynamic Hot Content Overflow), Content Staging and Replication, and Network Proximity DNS. Proximity Database and Secure Management, which includes Secure Shell Host and SSL strong encryption for the Device Management software, are optional features.

Software version 8.10 no longer requires that you enter a license key for the Standard software feature set. The Enhanced software feature set, as well as the optional Secure Management feature, still require a license key in order to be activated.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Thanks a ton for the response. I was looking at the 8.2 release notes, so it wasn't in there...i should have looked one version earlier. :)

Can anyone who has used the Enhanced feature set comment on it's relevancy? Is it really necessary or useful to have for some basic load-balancing?

Thanks,

Ed

Ed

Enhanced set is mostly used by organizations that use it as a GSLB device (Global load balancing -- using global DNS infrastructure).

Local Server loadbalancing wise these is not much difference.

These days recommended solution is to use GSS for that purpose.

HTH

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed