cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 2.0 Randomly Invalid Selection

pepito1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have a problem with a Unity Connection 2.0. I have a CUCM 6.0 integrated with a UC 2.0

I have added users in the Unity Connections as Subscribers, callhandlers and Contacts so they can be reached trougth the PSTN. It is workink fine but randomly the auto attendant is responding "Invalid Selection" after the user dials a extension that exist on the Unity.

I think this is a bug, i have checked the unity logs but i can not found any error.

Can you please give a hand, thanks for your time.

Jose

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there are some options for this

one is that the user is indeed typing a wrong number

two that this could be a bug

three that you're suffering from DTMF issues not being passed or recognized

only GW debugs and CUCM traces could tell which one is

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi, actually the customer is suffering from not enough ports in the unity connection.

09/08/2008 10:33:57.473 |7871,,,Arbiter,-1,Insufficient answer ports for switch 0: AnswerPorts=16 AnswerPortsFree=1, MinPortsFree=1|

Actually, the customer has 16 ports, what happen when the call 17 want to access the Unity, the user will heard busy tone or some kind of message.

Do you think this will be part of the problem.

Thanks, Jose

might be if all the ports are already in use and CUC has no other port to make the call to the phone you tried

if they're already using ports at 100% they would do well buying some more ports

HTH

java

HTH

java

Ok, could you please check the attachment an told me if its normal that suddenly from 3 ports on use there is a peak of 16 on use.

Tomorrow i am going to do some test disabling 14 ports and making calls and transfers.

I am assuming that the Unity receive the call through 1 port and use other port for tranfer the call. So, to receive and transfer the call to a subscriber the unity must have 2 free ports, right?

Thanks for your help,

Jose

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: