cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices not getting added/updating to RME 4.2.0

mburrell5
Level 1
Level 1

Just upgraded from LMS 3.0.1 to 3.1 and there is a problem with RME 4.2.0 and CM 5.1.0 picking up new devices. New devices are being picked up correctly in device discovery and being added to DCR (although it does seem to take a while after discovery before the DCR numbers are updated). However, CM and RME don't pick up the devices automatically (although set to auto manage) and only pick them up if processes are stopped and restarted using daemon manager. Also, jobs started from device centre such as Update Inventory, sync archive, check device credential don't work.

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Enable Device Management Operations debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Application Loglevel Settings, then add a new device to DCR. The EssentialsDM_Server.log should have information about DCR sending the device details to RME.

ok, I added a new device manually in device management. i know it is there because if I try to add the same device again it tells me there is a duplication. but.....the device doesn't show up yet in the all devices list in either Device centre or device management or in the DCR total number of devices. From my earlier experience the device does eventually get added but there is some delay. Will post more when it gets a bit further

Is this server integrated with ACS?

No, there is no ACS integration with this server. I have attached a part of the EssentialsDM_Server.log which was generated during a restart of services today. when I followed your earlier advice of seeing what happened in this log file when a new device was added to DCR, there was nothing added to the log until I restarted services. This is the output.

Still no further ahead with this issue. attached is an extract from jrm.log which explains why this logfile is growing so fast. any pointers on what this error might mean?

This is due to bug CSCsr93277. A patch is available from the TAC which will suppress the message. These messages are seen by everyone, and do not indicate a problem.

Thanks, will follow up. back to my original problem. As stated earlier, jobs started from device centre such as Update Inventory, sync archive, check device credential don't work. Which log files would these show up in?

It appears there is a problem with your RME database. The next available RME device ID is stored in a table in the RME database. That value appears to be out of sync with the table that stores the RME devices. It might be possible to fix via some SQL queries, but you will need to contact TAC to get the instructions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: