Aironet 1131AG setup?

Unanswered Question
Sep 9th, 2008

I'm new to Cisco wireless products.

I'd rather figure out how to do it command line, but the HTTP interface seems the way to go.

Right now I just want to get the 1131 setup with SSID "Staff" and have anyone be able to connect to it with a password, anything but WEP.

Two problems:

I went through the setup wizards but when I try to look for the SSID on two different computers, "Staff" isn't there, even though the AP says it's up.

Also, is there no way to have EAP or WPA encryption without a RADIUS server? That doesn't seem right.

I don't have a RADIUS server but I want a higher level of encryption other than WEP.

Thanks for any help

(should i post the cfg?)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
bbxie Tue, 09/09/2008 - 16:56

you can configure AP as a local authenticator, it will support LEAP/EAP-FAST(If you want other EAP mode such as PEAP, you have to use an external Radius server), see following link for more configuration detail:

encryption is not depend on Radius server, without Radius server, you can still configure WPA/WPA2-TKIP/AES.

Radius server only do authentication/authorization/accounting.

Armegeden Tue, 09/09/2008 - 17:33

Thanks for the info.

I read the link and it looks like I use the AP as a local authenticator with "radius-server local" and then define users with the "user john password smith".

Would this mean that I would have to create a username/pass for every person that wants to connect?

This AP will be going in a conference room and clients from all over will be using the AP, mainly using the standard Windows wireless agent, where it'll just ask for a password.

Does this make sense? How do I get around this? How do I let any user connect to this "Staff" AP with a password such as "pass123" ?

This Discussion