IPCC 4.0.4 to 4.0.5 Upgrade

Unanswered Question
Sep 9th, 2008

Hello everyone,

I have a customer who has an environment of two callmanagers (4.2), an IPCC 4.0.4 and a unity server.

There is an LDAP integration in this setting.

The customer needs to perform an upgrade from IPCC 4.0.4 to IPCC 4.0.5. I have the kit

however, the upgrade process is stopped at the first step indicating the reason as that the server is part of the domain and the installation can not be completed. (both the unity server and the IPCC are members of the corporate domain)

As there is an LDAP integration between the unity and the IPCC, the customer is afraid to remove the server from the domain and risk losing the integration and the configuration.

Will i have to perform the integration once again when i rejoin the server to the domain after the upgrade?

Is there a safe migration process for this or a workaround for it?

Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Ahmed El-Eraky

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chris Deren Tue, 09/09/2008 - 16:04

That's one of the drawbacks of putting the servers into domain, you need to remove it in order to perform any upgrade. Basically, remove it from AD, perform the upgrade and then re-join the domain.

Chris

AhmedEl-Eraky Wed, 09/10/2008 - 15:40

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for your prompt response.

I have only one concern because i don't know much about active directory.

By doing the removal from the domain and rejoining the server, will this affect the any of the configuration on the IPCC server?

This is my only concern of this process

Thanks and best regards,

Ahmed El-Eraky

Actions

This Discussion