Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference

amansoi_5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

What exactly is the difference between CTI ports & CTI Route points?

regds,

aman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Aman,

Think about a IPCC solution, people dial the cti route point to access an application, cti port is what answers the call and provides treamtment, basically a virtual phone that connects to the calling device (IP session between the 2).

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi there

The CTI port is actually a virtual device that allows you to create a virtual line

while with CTI route point u can use it as virtual phone to forward calls to send to voice mail, CRM and so on ..

if helpful Rate

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Aman,

Think about a IPCC solution, people dial the cti route point to access an application, cti port is what answers the call and provides treamtment, basically a virtual phone that connects to the calling device (IP session between the 2).

HTH,

Chris

thanks for info

Hello Chris,

I ran across your post as I wanted to pose the same question. So if I have a remote user, who does not use IPC or even our Unity vmail, and we simply forward her company number to her home phone -- the cti port is the fitting solution here? Thanks in advance, Kelly.

a CTI RP with CFA to the external number or a translation pattern work on that scenario

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

I appreciate your reply. Could I bother you to go into why choose the route point over just creating the cti port/phone and CFA to external as well. I'm still not sure as to why use one over the other. -Kelly

CTI ports are for 1st hand control, meaning they will take calls for another app, CUE, UCCX, UCCE, ETC.

CTI route points are merely routing as the name implies

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: