Views
Helpful
Replies

Garbage when telnetting but ok if console directly

obah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

Any body encountered b4 ? When directly console in to the 6513 is ok but when telnetting to it ,it's display garbage, I've swapped the terminal server cable to the other core it's working fine (to confirmed the cable and the terminal server is ok) software use :-

s72033-entservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF13.bin

Have check the software bugs under this version but seems non mention about the problem...

Any suggestion are welcome!

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Hi!

On the 6513 where you have problems, do you have something connected under line vty 0 4 (or other vty lines)...something like autobaud, buffer-length, databits...?

Can you paste the your lines config here?

For sure it's something on that router if on the other one is working.

Cheers,

Calin

Hi Calin ..sorry for late reply.. the problem is when I accessing the core thru terminal server ( the connection attached to the console port)it's display funny characters but if i remove the terminal server cable and plug in my laptop to the console port, it's working fine... get what i mean?

Osman

I was very puzzled by your description of the problem in your original post. But I find this explanation to be much more clear. I believe that the terminal server (at least on this line) has a different speed configured). I assume that when you connect your laptop to the console port that it is configued for the default speed of 9600? I believe that if you check the configuration of the terminal server you will find a different speed.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card