cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM failover Startup config not in sync.

m-taiwo
Level 1
Level 1

I 2 6506 switches, that are configured as Active/Standby. but the problem I am facing is that the running config on both FWSM are in Sync on both FWSM, the startup config on the active is the same as the running, but the startup config on the Standby is has 1000 lines missing compare to the running Config. Can somebody help? as I have save the config on the active and still having issues....please help?

4 Replies 4

Hi Michael,

Have you tried issuing the 'write standby' command on the Active unit to see if the configurations will sync up?

Also, I would suggest looking to see if there are there any syslogs generated during a time when the pair is trying to sync their configs. You can also take a look at the output of 'debug fover sync' when the pair is syncing and 'show failover' to see if anything stands out there that may help you point to the problem.

-Mike

I did the write standby ealier, The syslog doesn't generate any report...the running congif is in sync, just the Startup...that is not in Sync...Thanks for your help...

Hi Michael,

So if you try a 'write memory' on the Standby unit, do the startup and running configs become in sync again? Do you get any error messages when trying to do this? Maybe there is a problem with the flash that is preventing you from storing the startup config?

-Mike

Hi,

What is config sync state in show failover output?

hope your faillink is up...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card