Views
Helpful
Replies

Unassigned DN by CCM 4.2.3 and 6.1.2

dknechtenhofer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

after an CallManager upgrade from 4.2.3 to 6.1.2 I have a problem with unsassigned DN's.

With CCM 4.2.3 a call from external to a unassigned number inside the DID Range reject and a Voice from the Provider sounds: „This is not a valid number……….) This is a normal function.

The same call with CCM 6.1.2 to an unassigned number doesn't reject, instead it rings and rings and rings. Any idea which parameter is responsible for this behavior ?

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I guess this is probably done based on the 'active' check box you can find if you go the the unallocated DN.

If it's not active then it shouldn't ring; unless of course some other element (i.e. a less specific tx pattern or RP) is being hit that you don't expect?

Run DNA with the GW CSS to see what the system thinks should happen to the call.

Hope this helps

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts....

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

where can I find this check box ?

Thanks

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: