Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prefix Digits in CUCM

Is it possible to prefix digits in front of the called party number using a RL/RG without displaying the prefix in the phone display for end users?

To clarify, I would like the end user to see the originally called number without the prefix but the prefix should be sent to the GW/Trunk.

Best Regards,

SG

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure you can do that in a Route Group within a Route List, when you create a route list and assign a route group to it you will then be able to configure called party modification. This settign will only apply to this route list and not all other route lists utilizing this route group.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris, thats exactly the way I tried but did not get the desired behaviour.

The Called Party prefix '1111' was added in the Route List configuration.

The Route Pattern 25.XXXXX points to this Route List. The Route List is part of a Route Group that points to a SIP Trunk.

The End User enters the digits 2512345 and the called number is sent to the SIP Trunk as 11112512345.

This is all fine and working but I would like the End Users phone display to show '2512345' instead of '11112512345' when the call is in progress.

Br,

SG

Hi, found what i was looking for, the solution was to enable the 'Always Display Original Dialed Number' parameter under CCM Service Parameters.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: