Views
Helpful
Replies

Numbering Plans

dkirby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Im currently installing a 6.1 cluster and reworking our route patterns, at the moment we have individual router patterns for each location.

I've read that best practice states if you want to filter numbers then don't use the cisco numbering plans as the filters could become complicated but using 9@ simplifies the route patterns.

If I don't use this then I will have to create individual route patterns but what I want to avoid is the situation we have now and thats 153 route patterns just for dialing international numbers from London.

Does anyone have any comments and suggestions on creating the minimal amount of route patterns following the countries dial plans???

Thanks in Advanced

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I use route filters as much as I can. This cuts the configuration significanty in most cases. For example you can create a single route pattern for all toll-free numbers using toll-free route filter, etc. Keep in mind that you will still need to re-plicate the route patterns for every remote location until you deploy CM 7 with Local Route Group feature.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response, Im aware I would need to replicate this for each site. When using the 9@ I was also going to create a parition for the Globally blocked numbers add this to each locations CSS with specific blocked numbers assigned to the partition.

My thinking is this should work as it will match on the most specific number number and ignore the 9@ in the locations where 9@ is used...if that makes sense

Thanks

Darren

Sure, I'd also reocmmand implementing device/line dial-plan approach as nicely described in CM SRND. With the device/line approach you significantly reduce the amount of CSS and Paritions (scale of 4 assuming 4 classes of restrictions), as you create global blocking patterns and essentailly the device is wide open and all blocking is performed at the line level.

Chris

I've also read that, the way i've configured it in the past is, the device has CSS which has internal & emergency, then the line has CSS which contains PT's which have Local/National and or International depending on the users.

But the way the SRND suggests I guess reduces the CSS & PT.

Thnaks allot for your input Chris much appriceated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: