Views
Helpful
Replies

Database syncronization in duplex environment

K_require
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have duplex ICM setup in our environment. Side A contains rogger and AWS+HDS server as well as sid B also contains the Rogger and AWS+HDS server. Can any one let us know how does the syncronization within these servers occur on database level?

3 Replies 3

I recommend you go into the SRND and read up on it.

"The Unified ICM Logger and Database Server maintain the system database for the configuration (agent IDs, skill groups, call types, and so forth) and scripting (call flow scripts) as well as the historical data from call processing. The Loggers receive data from their local Call Router process to store in the system database. Because the Call Routers are synchronized, the Logger data is also synchronized. In the event that the two Logger databases are out of synchronization, they can be resynchronized manually by using the Unified ICMDBA application over the private LAN. The Logger also provides a replication of its historical data to the customer Historical Database Server (HDS) Administrative Workstations over the visible network.

The Unified CCE reporting feature uses real-time, five-minute and half-hour intervals to build its reporting database. Therefore, at the end of each five-minute and half-hour interval, each Peripheral Gateway will gather the data it has kept locally and send it to the Call Routers. The Call Routers process the data and send it to their local Logger and Database Servers for historical data storage. If the deployment has the Historical Data Server (HDS) option, that data is then replicated to the HDS from the Logger as it is written to the Logger database."

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Normally you learn the basics of this during ICM Product Training and ICM Admin Training. This will give you an understanding of the complexities of the synchronization.

I suggest you go back over your course literature and read it again. I know I've done this many times - it's not easy to remember.

I don't think the SRND covers this very well - it assumes you know it.

I refer you to "ICM Administration Guide for Cisco ICM/IPCC Enterprise & Hosted Editions" - Cisco ICM/IPCC Enterprise & Hosted Editions Release 7.0(0) - July 2007.

Regards,

Geoff

Also note that ICM does not use database synchronization as SQL server refers to as synchronization via database processes. This synchronization is done by ICM services.

Data is stored as follows-

LoggerDB - config and historical data

AWDB - real time data and config (pulled from the logger). There are views to the HDS for historical data.

HDS - Historical data only.

HDS tells the logger (whichever logger it is pointed to) to give it historical data it does not have and the logger sends this data to the HDS.

HDSs do not synchronize with other HDSs. If there are multiple HDSs in an install, they will have same or near same data since loggers are supposed to have same data. However, remember that HDSs don't "sync" with each other.

The documents provided above are excellent references.

-Anjali

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: