I have obtained some lab equipment and would like to build a nice lab for my CCNP studies. Here is a little background on what I have.
1) Cisco 2800 ISR SDM/ IOS 12.4 Fa0/0, Fa0/1
1) Cisco 3560 IOS 12.2 24 port
2) Catalyst 2924 Catcode v9 24 port
2) Cisco 2500 IOS 11.2 8M ram/2 flash / AUI ports w/ xcvr., 2 serial ports.
This is what I would like to do ... would like some input on design and if it is possible w/ older routers.
1)On the ISR and 3560 I would like to set up GLBP, QoS, and play w/ MPLS. I think I can set IPSec tunnels between the 2 since the 3560 is L3. I may misunderstand some of this...
2) the 2 older routers will allow me to set up serial links between the 2 with a 2900 switch on each network. Then I should be able to create and trunk vlans between the two. That is the theory.
Questions: 1)Can I use 802.1q on my v9 cats. If not what is the next IOS that will fit and suports it? ISL works.
2) HSRP seems to not be an option on my 2500's. What is the next supportable IOS or should I just buy some 2600's instead?
ANY replies or design suggestions are greatly appreciated.