cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring WS-C2950C-24

kcurry9806
Level 1
Level 1

WS-C2950C-24 IOS V12.1(20)EA1. I am trying to configure the vlan to no ip redirects and no proxy-arp with no success. I have tried configuring these settings under interface w/o success either. Does this IOS version not recognize these settings?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

these options are available in version 12.1(22)EA9 onward.

If you upgrade to this or higher you should be able to use all these. I have following in my configuration

no ip redirects

no ip unreacheables

no ip proxy-arp

no ip route-cache

HTH

Shaheen

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Those are layer 3 functions , the 2950 is a layer 2 switch . the svi is used to manage the switch only .

Thank you very much,

Ken

Hi,

these options are available in version 12.1(22)EA9 onward.

If you upgrade to this or higher you should be able to use all these. I have following in my configuration

no ip redirects

no ip unreacheables

no ip proxy-arp

no ip route-cache

HTH

Shaheen

Thanks Shaheen. So these settings are available in the IOS version 12.1(22)EA9 and later. Do you know is this documented anywhere on the Cisco website?

This is interesting because we just set these variables in a WS-C2962G-24TC-L switch that the CNA identifies as a layer 2 switch also. That switch has version 12.2(25)SEE2 installed.

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card