cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quick Question

brenteverett
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so I'm troubleshooting something on my firewall and I want to clear the statistics on a particular interface (the outside interface ethernet 0/0) however the command for this is not the same as on a switch. Anybody know how to do this? I want to clear the error stats like CRC, collisions, underruns, etc. thanks!

Doh! I guess I should mention it's a ASA5510 running 7.0(6) software

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

Hi ,

clear interface should work, find below syntax for it..

clear interface [physical_interface[.subinterface] | mapped_name | interface_name]

Usage Guidelines

If an interface is shared among contexts, and you enter this command within a context, the security appliance clears only statistics for the current context. If you enter this command in the system execution space, the security appliance clears the combined statistics.

You cannot use the interface name in the system execution space, because the nameif command is only available within a context. Similarly, if you mapped the interface ID to a mapped name using the allocate-interface command, you can only use the mapped name in a context.

HTH...rate if helpful..

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

Hi ,

clear interface should work, find below syntax for it..

clear interface [physical_interface[.subinterface] | mapped_name | interface_name]

Usage Guidelines

If an interface is shared among contexts, and you enter this command within a context, the security appliance clears only statistics for the current context. If you enter this command in the system execution space, the security appliance clears the combined statistics.

You cannot use the interface name in the system execution space, because the nameif command is only available within a context. Similarly, if you mapped the interface ID to a mapped name using the allocate-interface command, you can only use the mapped name in a context.

HTH...rate if helpful..

suschoud
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

clear interface

HTH

Sushil