cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF routing issue.

Brent Rockburn
Level 2
Level 2

Ok so here goes... I have a network (10.20.x.x) that is coming in over IPSEC-L2L then has to make it's way through our network (3hops) to some of it's destinations ... I can see the route advertised through Ospf on the core and on the router after the core facing next hope. On that router however I've had to put a static router because ospf doesn't seem to be advertising the routes for that network. Any trouble shooting hints would help

Thanks

4 Replies 4

akbindal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Do u have a network diagram to explain the topology on how the routers are connected and whether they are in same area..

Also try using sh ip ospf database command to check whether the route is actually injected in the ospf database at each hop to the destination end router where we want this network to be seen..

HTH

Akhil

Ok so after doing some investigation I've found that OSPF is actually broadcasting the route I want .. actually OSPF is doing exactly what it should do .. which is exactly what I don't want it to do .. so I need to know how to choose the path for OSPF.

Any ideas?

If u want a route to be stopped injecting in OSPF and advertised..u can filter the route using Filter commands..please let me know the exact scenario to apply correct route filtering..

HTH

Akhil

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card