cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using CSV to update credentials

dougnotini
Level 1
Level 1

I am familiar with Cisco Works and using CSV files to populate the LMS Database. Seeing that MARS also allows the use of a CSV file to register devices makes me wonder if the same CSV file could be modified to update device credentials. This way when I change credentials on my devices as part of ongoing security, I have a quick way to update MARS as well. Do you know if this will work in MARS?

3 Replies 3

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

With the CSV file, you can enter the values, passwords, and information for each device that you want the MARS Appliance to monitor in its appropriate row and column. The CSV file is useful for getting the MARS Appliance started processing event data for most devices, you may need to use the Admin > System Setup > Security and Monitoring Devices page to fine-tune the device manually.

The following URL may help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6241/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008075038a.html#wp1246493

OK, So while I was waiting for a response I figured I would just go ahead and try it. The result was, "NO GO". Mars returned an error when I tried to use the csv file to update the username of an existing mitigation device. Looks like that option is out for those trying to update multiple devices in MARS after changing credentials on the physical devices.

I agree. Admin of a large amount of devices in MARS is hard. The CSV is great for initial entry of devices but does not work to update existing devices. This is a major flaw for larger networks. The only way I found is to delete the devices and add again with the CSV file. Not a good workaround.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: