Devices showing up as "Unreachable Devices" in Device Discovery

Unanswered Question

We have over 130 devices showing up as "Unreachable Devices" in Device Discovery of which, 60 are live and active hosts that should be discoverable. I've gone through and verified each device is online and that the credentials defined in CW work on

the device.

Anyone have some thoughts as to why they're not getting added?

ACS Integrated

Windows Version (Win2k3 server)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Wed, 09/10/2008 - 07:48

The devices could either be filtered, or not added as clients of the ACS server.

Joe Clarke Wed, 09/10/2008 - 08:48

You can enable Data Collector, Discovery DeviceInfo, Discovery Framework, and System Module debugging.

With all four modules enabled device collection didn't finish after 10 hours and had created a 1.4gb log file. For some reason the server unexpectedly rebooted over night and started a new collection around 7am this morning. Is there a better set of debugging modules we can enable to test with? It appears to take 5-7 times longer to do a discovery with the ones we have enabled. I also noticed that if i do a simple snmp walk from device center I have to retype my snmp RO string. Could this problem be related?

Joe Clarke Thu, 09/11/2008 - 07:48

These debugging modules are the best ones to use. If you have to re-enter your SNMP credentials for SNMP Walk, then you most likely have wrong credentials in DCR. If a device already exists in DCR, Discovery will use those credentials. Therefore, check DCR to make sure the credentials are correct.

This Discussion