cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent: voip glare condition how do I set channel order

bill.morton
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting random busy signals which I believe is related to a 'glare' condition where the router tries to use the same channel. I have found that you should order the PBX and VoIP peer opposite (top down and bottom up) but I have not found how to actually do this.

The error I get is:

*Sep 10 18:36:19.491: //2848/2F75B4C39568/CCAPI/cc_api_call_disconnected:

Cause Value=44, Interface=0x4762E32C, Call Id=2848

*Sep 10 18:36:19.491: //2848/2F75B4C39568/CCAPI/cc_api_call_disconnected:

Call Entry(Responsed=TRUE, Cause Value=44, Retry Count=0)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It'll make my day, if it does resolve :-). Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hello Bill

Under the D channel interface (serial x/x/x:23) try the following:

isdn bchan-number-order [ascending | descending]

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

If this is a T1 CAS circuit, the issue might be caused if the time it takes for a wink to come back to the router after seizure is different from the wink duration timer.

See also http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsh17666

If this is the case, the use of the 'timing wink-duration receive < max value>' under the voice port might help, using values that match the timing of the switch you are connected to. The full debug vpm signal and debug vtsp all would show where things are breaking down.

Regards,

Michael.

It is a PBX that is linking into the router, and the router is handling site-to-site calls. The busy signal is happening from a call destined for the second site (VoIP peer on the dial plan).

Here is the hardware:

sh inv

NAME: "2811 chassis", DESCR: "2811 chassis"

PID: CISCO2811 , VID: V01 , SN: x

NAME: "Two port T1 voice interface daughtercard with Drop and Insert on Slot 0 SubSlot 1", DESCR: "Two port T1 voice interface daughtercard with Drop and Insert"

PID: VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI= , VID: 1.0, SN: x

NAME: "PVDMII DSP SIMM with one DSP on Slot 0 SubSlot 4", DESCR: "PVDMII DSP SIMM with one DSP"

PID: PVDM2-16 , VID: NA , SN: x

I'll post the full vpm & vtsp output as soon as I can capture an issue.

Ok I have attached what I think is a full debug of one of the calls failing; however I will continue to log to try and get a few more.

I think this may have done the trick ... I set the wink-d value to 250 to start, and everything broke, so I went down a bit to 180 and everything seems to be stable now. Submit one more reply if you can so that I can give you credit for 'resolving' the issue if everything holds.

It'll make my day, if it does resolve :-). Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Michael.

consider your day made!

Thanks again, 2 days and no problems reported.

Excellent. Here's to a glare-free circuit! Thanks for the update, Bill, and the opportunity to assist.

Regards,

Michael.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: