cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add Caller Name to incoming Calls

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

I have about 20 1800 numbers that ring into IPCC express. I need to label those numbers with the name of the 1800 number so in case they ring to the operator or some other non-ACD user they will know how to answer the call. In my h323 gateway configuration I can change the number but not the name. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ken

9 Replies 9

ecoen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you ever solve this?

Would they go via CTI RP`s? how about adding a name in the CTI part

We never solved this. We tried sending the call to a CTI port then forward it to IPCC however when the IPCC answered it the Name label was lost.

A common solution is to use phone expansion modules and assign each number to a button/DN. This way you can easily label them the way you want.

I'm not sure that I follow your logic. Since we are talking about distinguishing the 800-number that a call came into IPCC Express on before it selected the agent resource, your suggestion would require that that the agent somehow has different lines on his or her phone for each possible CSQ/800-number?

Yes, exactly.

Alternatively, if using H.323 or SIP with the GW, you can setup multiple incoming DPs and modify the calling number, for example prepend #01# for the 1st 800 service, #02# for the second, etc.

Since kgroves42 mentioned that this is being directed to UCCX there is an easy solution: Have the script set an Enterprise Data variable that displays in CAD and tells the agent how to answer.

Just use a Match step within the script to match the DNIS, then use a Set Enterprise Call Info step to push it into CAD. This is done after you have created the ECC variable in CDA. Depending on the version of UCCX the customer has there are some footnotes to this.

It is not the UCCX agents that are the issue. The problem is when the call leaves the UCCX. The UCCX answers all the calls and you are able to dial an extension even if it is not an agent.

So the calling number needs to be tagged as first step as I've indicated above.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: