cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Point-to-point T-1 errors

mbroberson1
Level 3
Level 3

Is there an acceptable amount of errors on a T-1? For example if you have a point-to-point Full T1 with a remote site and it accumulates 50 or 100 CRC and frame errors per day, but usually only in one direction is this ok? Is there such a thing as normal errors on a T-1, or can some even a few errors be expected?

5 Replies 5

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, from my experience, it should be error free. Have you contact your telco on this problem?

Regards,

jerry

Jerry,

We have contacted the telco and had intrusive testing performed. Of course the telco says everything is clean, but you're sayting I should never have any errors, right?

Thanks

Jerry,

Would something like this amount per day cause an issue?

4 input errors, 4 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 1 ignored, 0 abort

Just a question, are you receiving the same amount of errors on the remote end?

You can also try to swap out the T1 interface card on your router to see if the error goes away.

Regards,

jerry

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Hello!

For me 50 CRC errors / day is quite a lot. Normal they should be 0, but it's ok also now and then 5-10 errors due to line deprecation or possible problems on the path. If your equipments are OK you should have a talk with your provider.

Cheers,

Calin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: