Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

blocking ads and pop ups

Have the newer version of the WSA give us the option not to display an message when an ad or pop up is blocked?

I have asked about this before and I thought that is was in the blueprints for a future release I just wanted to see if is has been done.

I get a lot of complaints that websites are being blocked and really its just ads and pop ups.Other url filters that I have used in the past for ads and pop ups dont display this ad or pop up has been blocked message.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

jowolfer
Level 1
Level 1

This feature is being considered for a future release of the WSA, but we do not have any details on the ETA for this feature.

I have added your request to the feature request. Please also contact your sales representative and express your desires to have this feature implemented.

Thanks if you can hopefully when this feature is added you can post it here.

Anyword on using the url filter command instead of WCCP for reasons that I have posted before?

Just FYI ... we currently acheive this by using a custom (redirected from ironport) block page for all of our block messages. We then design this .asp block page to display differently depending on what fields are passed to it in the URL. If the category=Advertisements, then the block page appears as a simple white page with the text "This advertisement has been intentionally blocked ... "

This also allows us to design custom 504, 503 pages etc, as well as different block pages depending on the user's IP address range.

Thanks for the info however I dont need a custom blocked page I want nothing when an ad or pop ups is blocked.Right now if you go to a website say myspace all the ads have a blocked message.I would like it to say nothing for all ads and pop ups.Ever other web filter/secuirty software or appliance does it this way just for ads and pop ups.

I could make a custom page with just a small dot however I did that and guess what I had people complain about that to.Beleive it our not they saw the small dot because it was a different color than the rest of the site.

Thanks for the info however its not really what I was looking to do.

andyman714
Level 1
Level 1

Just FYI ... we currently acheive this by using a custom (redirected from ironport) block page for all of our block messages. We then design this .asp block page to display differently depending on what fields are passed to it in the URL. If the category=Advertisements, then the block page appears as a simple white page with the text "This advertisement has been intentionally blocked ... " 

This also allows us to design custom 504, 503 pages etc, as well as different block pages depending on the user's IP address range.

Can you share with us how you did this, I am new to the IronPort and have some .asp experience. I would like to know how to blank out the ad pages and have a message come up for the other blocked pages. Thanks!