cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you auto-sync sso 6500 or 3845 with GLBP enabled?

mlenco
Level 1
Level 1

I want to make sure two routers have updated configs, automajically, but GLBP requires a gateway with a unique IP address. How do you auto-sync sso a 6500 or 3845 with GLBP enabled?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

GLBP with SSO

This feature is enabled by default. To disable this feature, use the "no glbp sso" command in global configuration mode

With the introduction of the GLBP SSO feature, GLBP is Stateful Switchover (SSO) aware. GLBP can detect when a router is failing over to the secondary RP and continue in its current group state.

This is for 12.4 IOS , also available in 12.2SR.

So it should work , with your regualr configuration.

SSO configuarion is different & GLBP configuration is different.

HTH...rate if helpful..

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

I believe you are mixing up two different features and their capabilities. I am not aware of a way to auto sync router configs like the chassis switches such as the 6500 and SSO. I don't think you would ever want duplicate configs on two different routers as you would have duplicate IP's, routes ...etc SSO is for supervisor redundancy within the chassis and does not expand any further than the chassis. GLBP creates a virtual router interface for gateway redundancy using multiple routers. I don't believe that your request is feasible using both of these features.

HTH,

Mark

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

GLBP with SSO

This feature is enabled by default. To disable this feature, use the "no glbp sso" command in global configuration mode

With the introduction of the GLBP SSO feature, GLBP is Stateful Switchover (SSO) aware. GLBP can detect when a router is failing over to the secondary RP and continue in its current group state.

This is for 12.4 IOS , also available in 12.2SR.

So it should work , with your regualr configuration.

SSO configuarion is different & GLBP configuration is different.

HTH...rate if helpful..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card