Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple_VPN clients connection problem

Tarek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have set up an easy vpn server on Pix 515E (IOS Version 6.2(2)).I can connect to it from anywhere and another user can also connect from different location.(That is Multiple VPN clients can only connect from different locations)

The problem I have now is I can not connect multiple VPN clients from the same LAN. I can only make one VPN client connection at a time.

I would be very grateful if somebody could have a look at my config and advise me. Attahched is the Easy VPN configs

Kind regards,

Tarek

9 Replies 9

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Your issue is not in the config provided, post the config with the remote access profile settings?

HTH>

Hello Andrew,

Sorry for the delay, I have attached the config with the remote access profile settings.

What I want to know is, "is it possible to make multiple VPN clients connections from one LAN (let say from your office LAN)to Easy VPN server (PIX 515E ver 6.2(2)?".

If so what command can make this work for me.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Yes it is possible to make multiple connections!

Is the VPN server at another location? How many people login OK? Are you using seperate uid&pwd for the seperate users?

Hello Andrew,

Yes the VPN Server is located at another location. more people can login ok from different locations.

All the users are using the same group name and password to log on. infact I have not setup user id and password for separate users.

hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

OK - then it might be something wrong with the locaction you are accessing the server from.

Can you provide some debugs from the VPN server when more users try to VPN to it and fail?

Or the VPN logs from the clients when they try to connect?

Hello Andrew,

Find attached the VPN clients logs from the Clients laptops.

I am not at the Location of the Easy VPN server.

I am working remotely.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Tarek

The logs tell nothing as the logging levels are not set to the best, change logging levels to the below - re-test and resend:-

IKE 3 - High

User Authentication 3 - High

IPSEC 3 - High

Firewall 3 - High

Hello Andrew,

Find attached the new logs you requested.

Thanks

The logs indicate "IKE received signal to terminate VPN connection"

So the remote end is tell the VPN client to stop for some reason.

I think you need to debug the remote end VPN concentrator, to find out why it's dropping the VPN connection.

HTH>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: