Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity call handler

Hi,

I need help setting up call handler. I have created a call handler and I need calls coming from outside to be directed to this call handler and record messages (this will take messages only afterhours). How do I go about that? How do I get calls routed to the call handler?

7 Replies 7

egrinkin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Emmanuel,

You need to create and use the schedules so the calls are handled properly based on the time of day. And you will need to set up the Call Routing rules in Unity that takes your significant digits (XXXX) and sends calls to your Call Handler.

HTH and GL

You will need to create a Translation Pattern or CTI Route Point to take the call from the outside and tell it to go to Unity. That's first. Then the instructions from my first post.

Both of my responses are based on a CUCM + Unity environment. You did not specify and I responded based on my systems. You should always include that when posting so you get the best responses.

Sorry I forgot to mention. I am using call manager 6.1.1.2000-3 and unity Version 2.0.1.2000-337

Hi,

So you are using Unity Connection rather than Unity (they are 2 seperate products)?

If so, I've attached some docuementation for you explaining how to create call handlers etc.

It's fairly painless and v-similar to how it was done in Unity. Basically you will need to create the call handler, assign it a DN which will be associated with the DDI. You can then set up greetings, caller input etc.

This is for v1.x but will be relevant:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/1x/administration/guide/acm030.html

Useful CLI commands:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/os_administration/guide/2xcucosagappa.html

Good luck..

Please rate useful posts...

Thanks.I created a call handler according to the guide (using the existing call handler tamplate). I also created an directory number on call manager and assign this directory number to the call handler but still I't doesn't work. Did I left something out?

Sorry, I need a little more info than that.

What versions of callmanager and unity are you using?

Have you specified the CFB & CFNA settings on the extension to forward to voicemail?

When you say it doesn't work, what do you mean (call drops, doesn't forward to correct mailbox, doesn't forward to voicemail at all)?

Please rate useful posts....

I am using call manager 6.1.1.2000-3 and unity Version 2.0.1.2000-337

The current problem is that I don't see an option to enable it to work only after hours. I can reach the call handler during business hours but I don't see an option for after hours. And also, I need to be able to forward those stored messages to the reception who will then listen to the messages.

Also, I can't remove the default greeting that comes with Cisco system. There is default recording sounding like “Sorry..........you can leave the message" squeezing my recordings in the middle. I want to completely remove those greetings and only leave our own recording.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: