Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM Interface Sharing

I have 2 different contexts in FWSM in Routed mode.

Context A & B. Have server interface (vlan661) in context A which I want to share with context B.

When I tried creating same in context B with Interface Vlan661 it got created but as when I enter command nameif with same name of context A, Interface of Context A went down..Hence unable to share the interface.

Can someone please explain what was went wrong & explain me the process of sharing FWSM interface in routed mode context.

2 Replies 2

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

The FWSM lets you share an interface between contexts. However, packet classification requirements might make sharing interfaces impractical. Because the classifier relies on active NAT sessions to classify the destination addresses to a context, the classifier is limited by how you can configure NAT. If you do not want to perform NAT, you must use unique interfaces.

Hello Sadbulali,

Thanks for your reply...

What all are the parameters of classifiers in FWSM? Is only NAT is considered for classification or anyothers points also needs to consider....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: