Getting Started... ASA5510 VPNs

Unanswered Question

Looking for some guidance as I begin to implement our new ASA5510 firewall. Currently have an old Watchguard Firebox III, with approx 15 Watchguard SOHO's, 6 Sonic Walls, and mutliple Mobile user (software) clients.

Currently each SOHO and Sonic Wall has it's own 'rule' (each one has a seperate pre-share key) on the main Watchguard to make the VPN connection. Half of the SOHOs are using DHCP for their IP address.

I would like some guidence how the best way to configure the ASA to accept all these VPN devices (can't afford to upgrade them all to Cisco at the present time)

Not to worried about the software clients.

Thank you in advance for your time.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
carenas123 Wed, 09/17/2008 - 06:36

The security appliance combines advanced stateful firewall and VPN concentrator functionality in one device, and for some models, an integrated intrusion prevention module called the AIP SSM or an integrated content security and control module called the CSC SSM. The security appliance includes many advanced features, such as multiple security contexts (similar to virtualized firewalls), transparent (Layer 2) firewall or routed (Layer 3) firewall operation, advanced inspection engines, IPSec and WebVPN support, and many more features.

Following URL will help you for the Configuring Remote Access VPNs in Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances :

This Discussion