cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS VPN and Traffic Engineering

slandreth
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to use PBR to match a customer source/destination within a VRF and set the outbound interface to one of the internal MPLS core TE tunnels?

For example, we have tried matching a source/destination within a customer VRF and set the next interface to a specific TE tunnel; however, this does not seem to work.

Thanks!

10 Replies 10

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I am not sure that MPLS TE CBTS will be the good solution for you or not but you can take a look at this: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0s/feature/guide/gscbts.html

here you are selecting the particular TE tunnel on the base of marked qos property.

regards

Devang Patel

Thanks. CBTS could work, but we're trying to find an alternative to that, since there are only so many EXP bits we can use.

Our dilemma, if we were to use CBTS, is that other traffic which we don't want in that specific TE path is likely to end up using it. Let's say that we have backup traffic that is EXP 1, and we can influence the path for EXP 1 traffic through the use of CBTS; however, there is other traffic that would end up also marked EXP 1 that we do NOT want on that TE path.

Since the DSCP values are going to be collapsed into EXP 0 - 5, there is a strict limitation on what we can do within the Core, versus the flexibility of DSCP in the Customer environment.

Again, thanks for responding. This is proving to be a challenge in many ways and I appreciate any feedback!

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Shawn,

Tried this before on a 7200VXR running 12.2SB code, but unfortunately PBR is not supported under VRF interfaces, you can only do marking.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Mohammed,

Can you please describe me how to do that using PBR on other platform under VRF interface?

regards

Devang Patel

hello m8 hi i have one problem in configuring MPLS TE on dyanamips with 3660 router IOS

R1---R2=====R3----R4

I______I

R5

R1 router have 2 tunnels 50kbp and 300 Kbp .

On R2 have 1 tunnel1 300kbp.

all interfaces serials have 512 kbp RSVP

1. there is single connection in R1-->R2 running two tunnels on it properly.

2. In R2 --> R3 have tow interfaces serials to r4.

both tunnel from R1 go2 destination R4 via R2-->R3 s1/0. now s1/1 on R2-->R3 interface still free with 512kbp and R2-->R5 have s1/2 connectivty with 512 kbp means R2 have three interface with 512 each rsvp.

but problem is when i configure R2 router Tunnel it neva comes up becasue it take same path which is taken by R1 both tunnels 300 and 50 kbp which is R2 s1/0. when i down my R1 300kbp tunnel then R2 tunnel comes up when i up R1 tunnel again R2 tunnel go down again.

but on R2 there is still two serials are free oen R2 --> R5 and R2--> R3 s1/1 with 512 rsvp .

but tunnel1 on R2 neva go oda route its go same where go tunnel of R1 300kbps. same do R1 its also take same path when i try to configure R2 tunnel first. by CSPF table one tunnel should find oda path if interface is not free priority is same. my two interface with 512 bandwidth are free. plzz help me

diagram is like that

R2 s1/1 -->R3, S1/0-->R3 TWO SERIAL TO R2 2 R3

R1--->R2, TWO TUNNELS 50KB,300KB

R2--->R5, ONE TUNNEL 300 KB

R5--->R3

R3--->

FROM R2 3 INTERFACE TO R4. BUT ALL TUNNEL USE ONE TOW FREE WHY THEY NT GO ON THAT.ONE TUNNEL GO DOWN IF CUS TOTAL RSVP ON SERIAL IS 512 AND TOAL THREE TUNNEL TAKE 650KBP

R1---R2=====R3----R4

......I______I

........R5

PLZZZZ HELP ME I HAVE SHORT TIME

THANKS MATE ITS PROBLEM IS SORT OUT

IGNORE IT

THIS PROBLEM IS SORT OUT IGNOR EIT SORRY FOR WASTIN YOUR TIME

plz READ IT VERY IMPORTANT TO ME CUS I FIND ON DYANAGEN simulater with ios 3660 MPLS TE CSPF is not working i have on MPLS TE tunnels

my freind i have one Q. for MPLS TE. i m using 3660 router for MPLS TE on dayanagen simulater. in this lab there is 5 routers with 512 kbp RSVP on each interface all router with MPLS TE. configure are as->

R1 /0 ---R2 /0

R2 ==== R3 have Two interfaces s1/1 and s1/3

R2 /2-----R5 /2 interface connection

R3 ---- R5 int connection

R3 ---- R4 tunnel to R4 from R1,R2 with 300kb each

tunnel1 on R1 to R4 with 300kb rsvp TE

tunnel2 on R1 to R3 with 50kb rsvp TE

tunnel1 on R2 to R4 with 300kb rsvp TE

diagram like that below (ignore ..dots)

R1---R2=====R3----R4

.....I_______I

........R5

i created tunnels from R1----> R4 with 300Kb.

second R1---->R5 with 50Kbp tunnel

and

on R2---->R4 tunnel with 300kbp.

PROBLEM IS when R1 tunnel go via R2 to R4 it takes s1/1 interface with 300rsvp. means for R2 tunnel should find next interface for same destination R4 becaused there is not enough space.On one of remaining on interfaces on R2 s1/3 or S1/2 but R2-->R4 tunnel remain down. when i down R1---R4 tunnel R2--R4 tunnel comes up on same interface. NOW when i up R2 tunnel first and later R1. then same thing again R1 down and wait for R2 tunnel to go down.then up on same interface. if u see there is still two path r free to go R4 on R2

1. R2 s1/3 ----> s1/3 of R3

2. R2 s1/2 ---->s1/2 of R5 with both 512 kb RSVP

there is using R2 s1/1 for tunnel

why not with help of CSPF it takes other path when 512 link is also free on R2 router to same destination??? its on dyanamips is it can problem with simulater.

it means that on R2 using SPF path for R4 for both tunnel and not trying to find other CSPF path thats why my two interfaces are free with 512kbp RSVP on same router R2. why not CSPF using other remaining path. and down one of tunnel because of there is no space on tht s1/1 interface........

PLZZ ANSER ME I NEVA USE MPLS TE B4

that problem still need to sort out please help me read it all and reply. thanks in advacne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: