Speed Dials - 7911

Unanswered Question
Sep 11th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi All,

I'm setting up a bunch of 7911G and 7906G for use in our classrooms. The phones only need to dial internally - in fact, they only need to dial a handful of numbers for room support, switchboard, etc. I want to set up speed dials (shame I can't do it with the softkeys), and the speed dials look like a good option.

However - and I think I already know the answer to this - I'm wondering about how best to do it. I set up a phone template, with the SDs I want. I can create phones using this, but I'm wondering about the management long term. There aren't any 'policies' or similar, to enforce such settings en masse. Would I be right in thinking that if I need to make a big change, I need to export to CSV, hack the file, then re-import?

It's not such a big problem, as all the phones will be in a single number range, so it'll be easy to identify them, but I wondered if there was a better way.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dezoconnor Thu, 09/11/2008 - 12:11
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Why don't you try configuring some translation patterns for this instead. This way all required users can access these instead of configuring individual speed dials for everyone. So, create a translation pattern *100 that will dial the phone number for room support, *101 for switchboard etc..

HTH

KingDaveRa Thu, 09/11/2008 - 12:30
User Badges:

Well, the idea behind it is that instead of having what we currently do - which is a little list of numbers stuck on the wall in every class room, we can just have them on the phone. Users can select from a list... it's simple, and they don't have to remember anything.

Make things easier - that's the plan!

dezoconnor Thu, 09/11/2008 - 22:01
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Unfortunatley with the 7911's you'll only be able to display the first 4 speed dials. For the remaining 96 your users will have to use Abbreviated dialing which will involve lists stuck on a wall! Any chance they could upgrade their phones to 61s and use the 7914's to acheive the extra speed dial buttons?

KingDaveRa Fri, 09/12/2008 - 09:35
User Badges:

Anything more than a 7911 is really overkill tbh.

I think updating them with the bulk tools is the easiest way.

Thanks for the replies.

Actions

This Discussion