cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

qos on 6548 blade need multiple policies

jdedon
Level 1
Level 1

I need some help configuring QOS on a 6548 blade with sup720. I am a metroE subsriber on a port. I have a gig port speed with 100meg service. I have 25meg available for priority queue. I need to limit my aggregate output to 100meg. I need to mark priority traffic exceeding 25meg down before transmitting. The caveat that I am working with is the MetroE requires a 802.1q trunk so it looks as if the policies have to be configured on the vlan interface. It will not do a hiearchical policy as it will not accept the shape command in the parent policy. Can anyone shed some light on how I can get this accomplished?

7 Replies 7

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

mls qos map policed-dscp normal 0 24 26 34 36 to 8

Excess traffic marked 0,CS3,AF31,AF41 or AF42 will be remarked to CS1

class-map match-all VOIP

match ip dscp ef

policy-map voice-policy

class VOIP

police 2500000 8000 exceed-action policed-dscp-transmit

if helpful Rate

I have the 25meg limit with mark down figured out and I have the 100 aggregate limit figured out. What I can not figure out is how to apply both to a single vlan interface or to a physical trunk interface.

just like

service-policy [policyname] [input/output]

Ok maybe one of us is missing somthing here. I know how to apply a policy. What I can not figure out how to do is in my original post.

How do you apply two differing policies both in the same direction on a 6548 blade when the port is configured as a trunk port. I realize you apply a policy using the service-policy command. Can you tell me how to build the policy itself.

u can configure one policy per interface per direction so u can have one in and one out per interface either vlan interface or physical interface

for ur config i have posted a simple policy config if not enough just tel me what is not clear and what more u want

good luck

if helpful Rate

quote "mls qos map policed-dscp normal 0 24 26 34 36 to 8

Excess traffic marked 0,CS3,AF31,AF41 or AF42 will be remarked to CS1

class-map match-all VOIP

match ip dscp ef

policy-map voice-policy

class VOIP

police 2500000 8000 exceed-action policed-dscp-transmit "

This above says police priority traffic to 25 meb and mark down excess before transmitting.......now ALSO ratelimit or shape all traffic of any kind on this same interface to 100 MB total aggregate

The connection has port speed of 1 gig but only 100meg subscription.

Everything is applied OUTBOUND

I can easily compose a policy to apply to serial WAN interfaces but I have not been able to figure out how to compose one to apply to a gigabit lan interface either directly on the sup720 or on a 6548 blade.

Also make note that the interface must be configured as a layer2 trunk.

If you have a 6500 with a sup720, try it and you will see it is not staight forward.

ok now the view is diffrent

PFC QoS supports the output keyword only with a PFC3 and only on Layer 3 interfaces (either LAN ports configured as Layer 3 interfaces or VLAN interfaces). With a PFC3, you can attach both an input and an output policy map to a Layer 3 interface.

have a look at the following link will give alot of answers as well:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/qos.html

good luck

if helpful rate