cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Path for Cisco 6500 for Catalyst OS to Cat OS

johnreimerhp
Level 1
Level 1

I've been attempting to identify Cisco's resources for identyfing obstacales/caveats when upgrading from one release to another. I've looked through the software releases but have not find what I'm looking for.

Could any one suggests an alternative place on the cisco site to look at?

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

John

Not entirely sure i follow what you are looking for. All caveats/unresolved issues are in the release notes.

If you are going from CatOS version to another CatOS version what exactly are you looking for ?

Jon

I feel like in the past when I did upgrades on Catalyst, there would be caveats like, you must upgrade to this code and then go to this code stepping up. So when I've looked through the releases I have looked for a section specifying caveats to that effect. For example on the 7.x release notes are there any caveats at all for software upgrades? When I look I see caveats for bugs, but not a section for caveats for upgrades? Are they mixed in together?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/catos/7.x/release/notes/OL_1982.html#wp255757

Think you are thinking about the old Catlayst 5500 series where if you had a real old code you had to make a couple of jumps . I don't think there are any restrictions on the 6500's other than supervisor ram and which rom version which are specified in the release notes . If you are going from say 7.x to 8.X then you might have additional capabilities which would be spec ified also in the release notes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: