cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

qos on 6548blade

jdedon
Level 1
Level 1

I need some help configuring QOS on a 6548 blade with sup720. I am a metroE subsriber on a port. I have a gig port speed with 100meg service. I have 25meg available for priority queue. I need to limit my aggregate output to 100meg. I need to mark priority traffic exceeding 25meg down before transmitting. The caveat that I am working with is the MetroE requires a 802.1q trunk so it looks as if the policies have to be configured on the vlan interface. It will not do a hiearchical policy as it will not accept the shape command in the parent policy. Can anyone shed some light on how I can get this accomplished?

1 Reply 1

danail-petrov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, buddy.

If I got you right, you have a 7600/6500 with Sup720 equipped with 6548 module. In my opinion you are need a queuing mechanism to accomplish this scenario. Unfortunately there is no queuing on this blade, though. What you need is at least SIP200 with SPA interface.

Check the QoS table here. There is no Queuing mechanism. Only policing is available:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/product_data_sheet09186a0080159856_ps4835_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Looking forward to hearing other peoples opinion.

Kind Regards,

Danail Petrov

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: