cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Backups

askq2forum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, we have a Unity on box server (its a secondary in a failover pair). We want to use an Symantec backup software to backup the system - however the customer has a policy not to back up messages. Is it possible to backup a Unity server (or an exchange server) so that it can be recovered without the exchange data i.e. can we back it up for recovery purposes without backing up and recovering the messages.Hope this makes sense...Jag.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i'm really not familiar with the Symantec backup tool but DIRT for example can only save Unity data and not the messages, that way you would only recover the unityDB and greetings, etc. but no messages. you would need to go thru the help of the product or give Symantec a call about this to know whether the product can do what you want.

or simply use DIRT and don't check the checkbox to save the mailboxes

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi thanks for the reply. I know the functionality of DIRT - my question was specifically for restoring an exchange server (albeit it has Unity on it).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: