Private DL - spell by name in Unity 4.2.1

Unanswered Question
Sep 11th, 2008

Are there any minimum requirements when spelling a Private DL by name over the TUI? I have two private DLs set up:

1 - Scott

2 - Calgary Sales

Both have recorded names. When I get to the "to send a message press 2", I press 2 and then hit ## to switch to spell by name. If I spell SCOTT, Unity returns nothing, but if I spell CALGARY SALES, Unity finds this list and I can address and send to it.

On a hunch, I added LIST to SCOTT so now it is SCOTT LIST and when I do a search by name typing in SCOTT LI, it finds the private list.

Can someone explain why this works this way? Is spell by name supported in Unity over the TUI for private lists and if not, why because it clearly works. As well, is there a minimum number of strokes required for this function or a reason it did not find SCOTT? There is on private DL named SCOTT and one user with the last name of SCOTT on this server (for search purpose info).

Any information is appreciated. There is not alot of detailed information on private DLs other than the basic setting up, adding to and deleting so am looking for further info. Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion