cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Know When Voicemail Deleted in Unity 5 by Outlook

tplier
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any logging available that would tell an administrator when a particular voicemail was deleted from a Unity 5.X voicemail box that it integrated with Exchange by the Outlook client? So, the VM was deleted by Outlook, not by the telephone?

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In Unity, you can look at the logs and see when a Subscriber logged into the mailbox. So if you know the VM was delete in Outlook. Look in the logs on Unity to see when the Subscriber logged into through the TUI interface (if they did)

You sift through the Event Viewer Application logs and Unity leaves logs for this.

Couple Questions.... What is the TUI Interface?

Also, can you be more specific on what logs I would be looking into on the Unity Side?

On the windows server in the event viewer in Application logs, you will see when subscribers sign. It stamps it in the logs. The TUI is Telephone User interface. MEaning, someone picked up a phone, dialed into Unity, signed into a mailbox.

In this instance, the User deleted the message via Outlook, not the TUI.

Plus, I don't see the TUI logins in the Application log....

tplier
Level 1
Level 1

Does the AvCsMgr log show that a message was deleted by the mailbox? Either by the phone or by Outlook? Does it differentiate between what deleted the message?

I have some log entries for the specific message in question....

2008-09-09 22:40:55,AvRepMgr_MC,30020,2008-09-09 22:40:55,BingoSuper,7944,4,1,,4142132025,2008-09-09 22:40:55,N/A,N/A,6009

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: