cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1(3) DN Parameter on Service

setonhnet
Level 1
Level 1

We have a service from a vendor that requires a "DevExt" parameter with the phone DN on the service for each phone.

Is there any way to edit this so that it will grab the DN from the phone rather then having to specify it? If I could add something like...

http://server/service.foo?DevExt=#DN#

That would be super great, or something I can put in the parameter as a default that would work for ever phone.

The reason I ask is because we are building 1000 phones in the system and I am bulking them in using BAT. It wont let me define a parameter in the bulk tool for a service so I have to go back and touch every single phones profile in call manager.

5 Replies 5

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

The service could be re-written so it reads the DN via AXL SOAP, you need to send the devicename with the service url

I also know a tool that can subscribe services with unique parameters which would solve your problem straight away.

It's a neat tool, not free, but pretty cheap

email me for more details: saschamonteiro@hotmail.com

If I make it so its using AXL SOAP to get the DN number is that going to bog down the server if there are 5-20 requests per min?

well, not really but the SOAP interface is not meant to be used real-time..

So I never recommend to use it like this, unless there is no other way...

There are 2 options I recommend;

1/ use the DN as parameter (pretty easy to do)

2/ create your own cache of device/DN, and i.e. sync once a night via AXL SOAP

Gotcha,

Now I'm trying to use jsp to get the extensions with the SDK, I'm no programmer so this isn't easy for me. I tried using the speeddials as a template and changing the stuff to Extensions, but its not working. The .java files mention something about...

* If the optional loadExtensions flag is included and true, then AXL will also be queried for

* detailed information about the Phone's line appearances and this information can be

* subsequently retrieved by a call to getExtensions(). Since this creates multiple AXL queries,

* this parameter should only be used when Extension information is needed.

Gosh why cant we have something simple that says, heres the devicename, I want the primary extension back. (Yea probably what it does but I'm just not smart enough to make it work! lol)

Removed my post, I answered my own question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: