cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding VPN users to 1801 router

richardbruce
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me how to add additional users to a VPN on an 1801 router. Currently there are 2 usernames we can use to get access via VPN but I'd rather have more as both these accounts mirror admin accounts on our network. We are using Easy VPN Server (I think!) and I have next to no experience on Cisco kit. Many thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

singhsaju
Level 4
Level 4

Can you post your config ? Maybe your vpn user database is on AAA server .

But if the vpn user database is local on the router, just add a new username/password .

For example:

username cisco password 0 cisco

HTH

Saju

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

singhsaju
Level 4
Level 4

Can you post your config ? Maybe your vpn user database is on AAA server .

But if the vpn user database is local on the router, just add a new username/password .

For example:

username cisco password 0 cisco

HTH

Saju

Thanks for this, I had been using the SDM software and had added a new user but the VPN connection wouldn't recognise it. From what I can tell, all the Authorization is local so I'm not sure why this new user cannot get access.

Thanks Saju, I had added a new user via SDM and it wouldn't let them on via VPN, I deletedthem and added them via the command line and now it will let them on via VPN. I guess there must be some difference in how they get added but since it is working now I don't care.

Many many thanks for your help

You are welcome .I am glad its working now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: