Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirect domain mail address

Good night!!!

My name is Carlos and I´m from Sao Paulo - Brazil

We have Ironport C300 hardware in infrastructure environment.

I have a question.

How to redirect my actual domain for a new domain only for some people?

Tks

Carlos

2 Replies 2

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

If you want to isolate select email addresses in your domain to be treated differently, I would recommend creating a custom "incoming mail policy" just for them.

Here's how I would approach it:

1. In "Mail Policies > Incoming Mail Policy", create a new policy above the Default policy.

2. Name it "Redirect-For-Certain-Recipients". In the new policy, add the email addresses for those people in your domain that you want to treat differently.

3. At this point, if recipient's email address is in that new policy, they will use that policy. If you're not in that policy, you'll use the Default policy.

4. You can create custom content filters that are only active for this new custom policy that will redirect their mail to a different mailhost or whatever else you want to do with it.

Let me know if this would meet your needs.

Kevin

Good night!!!

My name is Carlos and I´m from Sao Paulo - Brazil

We have Ironport C300 hardware in infrastructure environment.

I have a question.

How to redirect my actual domain for a new domain only for some people?

Tks

Carlos

Rayman_Jr
Level 1
Level 1

You can use 'masquerading' CLI command if you are looking a way to change the email domain.

"Masquerading is a feature that rewrites the Envelope Sender (also known as the sender, or MAIL FROM) and the To:, From:, and/or CC: headers on email processed by a listener according to a table that you construct."

You can find the detailed explanation from here

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: