Replies

unity supervised transfer no music on hold

shovels3
Level 1
Level 1

hi

Unity 5.x

CUCM 6.0

we are using unity to transfer calls using supervised transfer. when we transfer the call the caller only hears silence. we would like to hear music or ring tone.

this should be coming from CCM but I can't seem to get this to work

if anyone has any idea that would be great

8 Replies 8

egrinkin1
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

Did you check the voicemail ports? They need to be in a DP that supports MOH. As long as you have the network MOH set, it should work.

GL

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

confirm that the GW and the unity VM ports have a MRGL that has the MOH server to achieve this

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi Java,

I have a MRGL list with a MRG it is using the M0H source on the call manager.

I have applied this to the SIP trunk I use to access the Unity

This is why I am not sure. All devices should be in the same device pool as the music on hold pool also

I am still getting this silence

Moh works external on normal on hold calls so gateway should be ok too

Any other ideas would be great

Thanks

Conor

Hi Conor,

Just to add a small touch to the great info from two of my faves, Liz and Java(+5 points for each of you here :)Java, no late night last night??

For the Music on Hold, check the Device pool that the VM ports are associated with (look Network MOH).Network hold is involved when a call is transferred, conferenced, etc. User hold is used when a user presses the Hold softkey.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey Rob

Yep, as all Friday mornings just some hours of sleep hehe

what codec are you using for unity??

if not G711 have you enabled the right codecs under the IPVMS service parameters?

HTH

java

HTH

java

All the codecs are enabled within ipvms.

I am pretty sure that we have enabled network music on hold also but just confirming that now

Hi Rob,

I have just checked my device pool my MRGL is not set.

I will have to set this but can't do this till the later as I will need to reset the device pool that it is in which has a number of other devices.

Is this a requirement?

Thanks

Conor

Hi Conor,

I am pretty sure this is why you're voicemail ports are not playing MOH. Here's the definition of MRGL in the DP Options:

From the drop-down list box, choose a media resource group list. A media resource group list specifies a prioritized list of media resource groups. An application selects the required media resource (for example, a music on hold server, transcoder, or conference bridge) from the available media resource groups according to the priority order that is defined in a media resource group list.

I think you're almost there now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: