cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSec For 64 Bit Vista

burkeholland
Level 1
Level 1

I really hope somebody can offer a decent reason why there is no VPN client for 64 bit Vista that supports IPSec. The floor is now open. If this has already been explained in depth, then please, by all means, point me to somebody who can explain this. This is like trying to explain why bad things happen to good people.

4 Replies 4

Peter Davis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Burke,

Unfortunately I don't have a perfect answer for you on why you don't have a 64-bit IPsec VPN client available today. The short history is that a major redesign to the original Cisco VPN Client would have been required to support 64-bit and a strategic decision was made to focus this extensive effort on the newer Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client.

If you would like to discuss VPN client futures, please feel free to engage your Cisco account team and we would be glad to have a detailed NDA discussion on our VPN Client strategy, including this specific topic.

Best Regards,

Pete Davis

Thank you Pete.

Can you confirm that AnyConnect does not now, nor is there a roadmap for support IPSec?

I can confirm that AnyConnect does not support IPsec today.

We unfortunately are not allowed to discuss futures in public forums which is why I was recommending that you engage your account team so that you can learn more about any plans that may exist.

jerry.mcrae
Level 1
Level 1

we use anyconnect

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: