Views
Helpful
Replies

Asterisk RouteList on CCM 4.1

dimensyssrl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I've a CallManager configured with a SIP trunk to route some calls to an asterisk machine.

The problem is that, when we reach last call into asterisk, we can't make any other call.

We have configured on RouteList a second gateway (the principal Voip cisco router), so we want that when asterisk has all channels busy, CCM try to call through Router.

But this doesn't happen.

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Daniele

5 Replies 5

dimensyssrl
Level 1
Level 1

Any suggestion?

sticano
Level 1
Level 1

I have something similar. The issue you are running into is that CallManager does not keep state of Asterisks channels. SIP trunks are wide open from the perspective of CallManager. I would suggest you create a hunt list and put the router in first. When the router is used up it will roll to Asterisk.

Might be coming at this from the wrong angle but couldn't you use Locations based CAC for this? Basically put your phones in one device pool with a different Location and your SIP trunk in another. Might need some tweeking to get the figures correct but could work for you.

HTH

Thanks.

If I put in my list first the router, I lost the advantage of using asterisk, because in asterisk there are cellular lines that has a minor call cost that the router lines...

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi daniele

There are also 2 CUCM service parameters that can effect how CUCM will hunt/failover with H323 route groups.

"Stop Routing on Out of Bandwidth Flag"

Default: True

"Stop Routing on User Busy Flag"

Default: True

Setting these parameters to false will allow failover to a second route group member if the 1st cannot complete the call.

good luck

if helpful Rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: