Views
Helpful
Replies

Access SSH to an LWAPP Access Point

glemaire
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have just one question about accessing the Access Point (in LWAPP) by using SSHv2.

I see when the AP start (in my case a 1242AG) that the SSHv2 is enabled but when I try to connect the AP by SSH, my SSH connection is dropped immediately.

My access point is connected to a switch (i.e: Cisco 3560).

And an other question about that... Why can I ping my LWAPP Access Point when connected to a switch and not when directly connected to the WLC (in my case a WLC 2106).

Many thanks and kind regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jeff,

with 4.1 you can actually enable telnet or ssh by using this command:

config ap ssh enable

config ap telnet enable

But you need to set a username and password by entering:

config ap username password all

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

You can't connect to an LWAPP access point via telnet or ssh. You must console into the access point to use the CLI.

I'm not sure about the pinging issue. Controllers can ping access points, so maybe there's something on the wired network preventing the ping? Maybe an ACL or something similar.

Jeff,

with 4.1 you can actually enable telnet or ssh by using this command:

config ap ssh enable

config ap telnet enable

But you need to set a username and password by entering:

config ap username password all

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Ah, thanks a bunch for correcting me. I definitely didn't know that they ever added that feature. And that was so long ago, too :/

5 points for the correction :)

Hello,

Thanks for your quick answer.

I have forgot to add my WLC version (5.1.151.0).

So globally, your commands work. Just for the user to login into the Access Point where it is : config ap mgmtuser password secret all|ap name.

Many thanks & regards,

Hello,

Just for information about the pinging issue, it is Bug know by Cisco... => CSCsj33229 <=

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsj33229

Regards,

Elohim
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if it is possible to use RADIUS for SSH to LWAPP Access Points?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card