Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Natting

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The internet link is connected into router & it is connected with L3 switch.

The switch & Router is connected with L3 link. In switch default route: ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.10.100.2 (router ethernet ip).

From switch router LAN interface is pinging but Interne tis not accessing from LAN users pc's. From Router WAN IP is pinging.

Can someone check....

6 Replies 6

singhsaju
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Partha,

What is default gateway on user's PC?

Default g/w in user pc is their corresponding vlan ip. there are 7-8 vlan's in the switch..

singhsaju
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Partha,

What is default gateway on user's PC?

ullasupendran
Level 1
Level 1

From the router config it looks like the router dont have a route to the Subnet where you user pc's are connected.Add a route for that subnet in the router .HTH.

Ullas

Hello,

if the PCs' subnets are in 10.10/16 the static route is present in the attachment file

ip route 10.10.0.0 255.255.0.0 10.10.100.1

I would use a different access-list using instead of a any source a 10.10.0.0 0.0.255.255

access-list 101 permit tcp 10.10.0.0 0.0.255.255 any eq 80

and so on

It is bettere to be precise in defining what has to be natted.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi,

I made certain changes into the router natting. Now i used a different public ip lan pool allocated by ISP & natted the lan ip segment with that pool.

But there is a serious problem..i can access internet for 10-15 minutes & then internet access is stopped. To make it work router reload is required everytime. ISP link is fine.

Please suggest..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: