Views
Helpful
Replies

"Sorry, example administrator is not available"

bbtekgraf
Level 1
Level 1

Running Cisco Unity 4.2 Build 4.2(1)

After hours (5:30pm) Greetings starts, and after a selection is made to transfer a caller, they get the recording "Sorry, example administrator is not available".

This does not happen every call, enough to upset customers.

Any assistance would be great.

Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

What is the mail box size on your example Administrator mailbox (found in Exchange)? I am not sure if it is standard config, but my Example administrator has a peculiar name (eadmin776a567f) as did some other aliases in exchange.

Anyway, Unaddressedmessages dl is a Distribution List. From the unity web admin, Select Public Distribution Lists (under the Subscribers heading). Click on the search icon (magnifying glass) and type "una*" (without the ""). The results should include a group called Unaddressed Messages - {your server name}.

View solution in original post

Double check the partition/CSS configuration on all of your voice mail ports at the DN level. If it's different across various ports, it may explain why some have access to transferring and some do not.

Hope that does it for you,

Brad

View solution in original post

53 Replies 53

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Is this for a subcriber or a call handler? If call handler which one are you hitting?

How are you selecting to transfer to a caller?

Just need some more information.

rlp

A Call Handler picks up after hours. ("Opening Greeting")

Caller Input for the Opening Greeting Call Handler set as follows:

Send caller to “Call Handler”

Caller input map

Key 1 Send caller to Attempt transfer to Sales Hunt Group

Key 2 Send caller to Attempt transfer to Marketing Hunt Group

Key 2 Send caller to Attempt transfer to Finance Hunt Group

Hope this helps.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but are those groups there? are the grous also call handlers or subscribers? or even dls?

Randy

It's fine to ask, and yes they are there. Again, this does not happen every call. The Hunt Groups are all Call Handlers.

Thanks

Ok just a guess, since it is not happening all the time my guess is that they are not pressing 1 or 2 or 3 and one of the is not configured right. Check all three. Is there a reason that attempt transfer has to be chosen and not Send to greeting for?

Also make sure Standard and Closed greetings are enabled. Alternate needs to be disabled.

If you have to use the attempt tranfer for, the one the call transfer page of the three groups, also make sure Standard and Closed are enabled. Alternate needs to be disabled.

Really hope this helps.

Randy

Two employees have been testing the system, and also get this error so they are definitely pressing the correct selections.

The Attempt to transfer is to send the call to the Sales Hunt Group, and not voicemail. I did just switch to Send to Greeting, and I

get the Example Administrator error.

Standard and Closed are disabled.

Standard has to be enabled now matter what.

If you want to go by a schedule then Standard and Closed should be enabled. Alternate has to be disabled.

Do this both on the call transfer and the greetings pages.

Randy

In addition, the fact that Standard is disabled is a huge issue. It has to be enabled all the

You can run dbwalker and dbwalker will show you this.

Randy

I apologize for the confusion, but Standard is active (enabled). We have separate recordings for Closed, or Alternate and you have to go and manually select these and save them to activate them. So I know that Standard is enabled since it is the recording that you hear when you call.

I'm going to start putting through some test calls now since it after hours. The part that makes this more difficult is that it happens intermittently.

Hi,

A couple Questions:

Are all Call Handlers? if so, who is the owner of each call handler (this is found on the profile page of the call handler).

Finally, check to ensure that the example administrator's mailbox is not full.

Yes, all are Call Handlers. Owners listed below:

Name of Call Handler - Owner

Opening Greeting- Administrators

Sales - Example Administrator

Marketing - Example Administrator

Finance - Administrators

I did go into Example Administrator mailbox and empty thousands of voicemails, and made

test calls afterwards w/no error.

I'm assuming all these voicemails are when customers were never routed

to the correct department, or the receptionist never answered the phone? I have an

idea to create a “Receptionist” email group to forward these voicemails from Example Administrator.

Should this be done from the Example Administrator Subscriber, or under System, Configuration?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you.

just make the receptionist a member of the unaddressedmessages dl (public) the receptionist needs to be a subscriber and not a call handler. call handlers do not have a mailbox.

Randy

try changing the owner of all the call handlers to example administrator, make sure the message recipiant is valid on the messages page.

Randy

Not sure what the unaddressedmessages dl (public) is. Sorry you lost me.

To sum up:

I've cleaned up the Example Administrator mailbox. I will make sure to change each Call Handlers owners(including Opening Greeting) to Example Administrator and not Administrators.

Under Configuration, Recipient is set to the Example Administrator Subscriber. Owner is also set to Example Administrator…fyi.

Could the Example Administrator mailbox being full, and/or inconsistencies in the Owners be the cause of the “Example Administrator not available” error?

There a bug here, or do we chalk this up to our Cisco Unity 4.2 Build 4.2(1)?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: